View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 08:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
sussy19

My 1 year review of HostATree

This will be my one year review for HostATree.com. I am coming up on the end of my one year contract with them so I have decided to post a review after the long haul with these guys and being overall pretty happy. So I decided to stick with them and go for a second year. If I have no major issues with them, why move, you know?

First, the signup process was very easy and fast. Three minutes after paying I received my account info, and everything was running fine. I bought their Walnut Plan and I paid $31.95 and got a free domain for a whole year using a coupon offered here in WHT.
Over the next few months I had no issues, not that I required much but I never noticed any downtime or lagging on their servers. I believe it was month 5 though with them where my site was down for a good hour. Apparently something with one of the drives and raid made it crash but they had it fixed in an hour and said they did something to prevent it from happening again. Since then, I have had no major downtimes.

Also, they use cPanel with Fantastico which was great for me since its much easier to get scripts such as wordpress setup. I think I have only submitted maybe 10 tickets over the year, but each time I have got a response in under 30 minutes. Usually its like 10 minutes though, its really nice to know they are there.

The only cons are that they have no forums, but I'm not sure they're needed since their tickets are answered very fast. I also wish they offered hosting in different locations, but it’s of for me as I don’t have any speed issues with them.

Overall, I would say this years hosting with them has gone pretty well. I will be signing up for a second year with them again. Like they say, if its not broken don’t try to fix it
sussy19 is offline  Reply With Quote