Announcement Announcement Module
    Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Web Hosting Knowledgebase Page Title Module
    Move Remove Collapse
    X
    Conversation Detail Module
    Collapse
    • Filter
    • Time
    • Show
    Clear All
    new posts

    • #1

      Web Hosting Knowledgebase

      I like to learn how stuff works and how to fix it on my own should it occur again. An extensive knowledgebase has often been the key to making this happen.

      How important is it for a web hosting company to provide an extensive knowledgebase?

      If you would like to share your hosts knowledgebase with our community, let us know by providing a direct link (with your host's permission).

    • #2
      Hello, first post so..

      I believe its very important to have an extensive knowledgebase for many reasons, the main oone being it can drastically cut down on your support time/costs.

      Choose topics that pertain to your host and define then as accuratley as possible in laymans terms. If you dont offer a certain addon or piece of software, dont put anything about it in your KB, it will only distract the client and cause them possibly open a support ticket or chat, defeating the basis of the KB.

      The more "relevant" items in your KB the better, it gives the impression you know your business and it gives the client a feeling of ease knowing they can find information about a problem at the click of a button.

      And if you do get a ticket or a chat about something that isnt in the KB, then when the ticket is done or chat is closed, add the concern to the KB, that probably want the only person wondering the same thing, but since they didnt see the info, the just moved along, thus possibly losing a new sale

      With that said, feel free to utilize our KB http://mtech-hosting.com/billing/knowledgebase.php

      It is in no way complete, but could be a decent starting point for you or others.

      Comment


      • #3
        Flash based

        I think those flash based videos are pretty cool myself.

        Any know who makes those? They seem to be cookie cutter ones.

        Comment


        • #4
          I agree with that.

          Comment


          • #5
            Most web hosts have found that the optimal setup is to have a robust KB as well as a healthy offering of Flash tutorials. Relying solely on one or the other will not optimize your efforts to reduce the number of support tickets. Basically, some (most) people are visual by nature and will prefer the Flash demos, but others prefer to read in text form. Offering both caters to everyone.
            Originally posted by ch3nn!ng View Post
            I think those flash based videos are pretty cool myself.

            Any know who makes those? They seem to be cookie cutter ones.
            Feel free to visit my site www.demodemo.com . We have been producing hosting related Flash tutorials since 2002. You can see our complete inventory (over 2200 tutorials) at www.demodemo.com/hostingtutorials.html .

            Vito

            Comment


            • #6
              You definitely have a point Vito, having both text and video tutorials offer the consumer with options to go with what works best for them.

              I've also seen another great service provided by DemoWolf, anyone know the differences in services provided?

              Comment


              • #7
                Originally posted by DNray View Post
                I've also seen another great service provided by DemoWolf, anyone know the differences in services provided?
                I am the first to admit that, since 2002, Demowolf is the first competitor who has given me a run for my money. Admittedly, he is equally committed to producing quality tutorials. He certainly holds his own. So kudos to him.

                I suppose it just comes down to dealing with whom you are most comfortable. Our quality of product is relatively on par, as is our customer service. The one thing I can boast is that Rob has yet to catch up to the vast selection of tutorials that we offer at DemoDemo. We cover many more applications than DW, and hopefully will continue to stay in front.

                Vito

                Comment


                • #8
                  Originally posted by vito View Post
                  I am the first to admit that, since 2002, Demowolf is the first competitor who has given me a run for my money. Admittedly, he is equally committed to producing quality tutorials. He certainly holds his own. So kudos to him.
                  Thanks for the kind words Vito. Coming from you, it means a lot. We've got a long way to go to match your inventory (we have about 1400 ready-made tutorials), but we'll keep plugging away

                  Originally posted by vito View Post
                  I suppose it just comes down to dealing with whom you are most comfortable. Our quality of product is relatively on par, as is our customer service. The one thing I can boast is that Rob has yet to catch up to the vast selection of tutorials that we offer at DemoDemo. We cover many more applications than DW, and hopefully will continue to stay in front.
                  You know what they say about competition.... it definitely keeps one on their toes I agree that there is little difference in the quality of Vito's tutorials and our non-voice tutorials (www.demowolf.com/hosting-tutorials.htm). Both are good, and it comes down to a matter of preference. However, we've taken these tutorials one step further by introducing professional voice-over narration to the tutorials (Voice Tutorials). Instead of just watching cursor moves and reading the text boxes that pop up within the tutorials, you can listen to them while you watch. It's one thing to try explaining the difference.... but what really works is if you see for yourself. Here's a link to our cPanel "x3 skin" voice tutorials for example:

                  www.demowolf.com/cpanel-tutorials-x3-voice.htm
                  (Make sure your volume is on)

                  Vito.... I do like your Netasis Video productions though.... each of these technologies have their niche markets, so it's good to be able to give the customers options.

                  Rob Moore
                  DemoWolf.com

                  Comment


                  • #9
                    web hosting is very symple think , so no need knowledge base, not a good roll

                    Comment


                    • #10
                      Originally posted by shakir View Post
                      web hosting is very symple think , so no need knowledge base, not a good roll
                      Ah... I am shocked!

                      An extensive knowledge base will really help, not just your customers - but to cut down your support cost also. There could be many standard questions which would not need anything more than a link the kb.

                      Comment


                      • #11
                        Yeah, it's not an easy thing to have excellent hosts knowledgebase. If you are well-educated enough and are able to answer all types of questions, you will perfectly get a success.

                        Comment


                        • #12
                          KB is very important for us ! Saves us a lot of valuable time and allows to share the knowledge between tech in the company.

                          Comment


                          • #13
                            I think a knowledgebase is a good idea once your company gets going, but the time it takes to populate it may not be worth the effort initially.

                            Mark
                            Last edited by energizedit; 11-17-2009, 01:21 PM. Reason: sig

                            Comment


                            • #14
                              Originally posted by DNray View Post
                              I like to learn how stuff works and how to fix it on my own should it occur again. An extensive knowledgebase has often been the key to making this happen.

                              How important is it for a web hosting company to provide an extensive knowledgebase?

                              If you would like to share your hosts knowledgebase with our community, let us know by providing a direct link (with your host's permission).
                              Very, very important. If a hosting company has an empty knowledge base it indicates that the company is not very big with little or no customers.

                              Comment


                              • #15
                                Hosting is a place where a huge computer ( I mean powerful that is), with lot of space that can host websites and blogs. Usually the admin of the hosting will rent it to people with a sum of money. Hosting computer must have a very high speed intenet so and must online 24/7 so that user website will be available to the net.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X
                                 
                                 
                                DNray, Inc. Network :: Website Hosting Reviews :: Free Website Hosting :: Adult Web Hosting :: Dedicated Server Hosting :: Cheap Website Hosting :: Discount Banner Design :: Web Hosting News :: Free Website Monitoring :: Website Host Uptime :: Webmaster Directory :: Cheap Web Hosting