Announcement Announcement Module
    Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Default Please help! My website got dos and host account got hacked! Page Title Module
    Move Remove Collapse
    X
    Conversation Detail Module
    Collapse
    • Filter
    • Time
    • Show
    Clear All

Default Please help! My website got dos and host account got hacked!

I am not sure if i should post here but oh well..just going to ask for help regarding this.

There was a thread on a rival forum with me and they were discussing about cookiegrabbing me and dos my site. We were in a msn conference and a programmer from their forum also said that he would dos my site once he gets back from work and find a way into my hosting account and shut my site down. I have repeatedly warn him i would take legal action if he ever does it because this guy is a douchebag as he has dos and shut many sites down in the past.

I went to login to my site this morning and realised it was redirected me to my host. I tried to login into my cpanel but the password got changed and im sure that guy either dos my site or hack into my hosting account, drop my database and changed my password.

I am really disturbed by this as my site just started picking up and got tons of members lately and we put so much effort into setting this site up with all the vbulletin modifications, add-ons and templates. I even spent like $250 on 5 premium templates and managed to really build this site up to where we are now but apparantely is all gone. Now i might have to restart as my co-admin wanted to backup the datbase when we moved to our new server tonight so meaning we did not have any database backup.

This whole issue started as a rival site thinks that my site was a threat to them so they tried all sort of ways to shut my site down. Alas they hacked into my hosting account and changed my password and dropped my database.

This is really depressing and distressing for me. I mean I have really put in so much effort for my site, it means everything to me. It is only 2 weeks old but we have like more than 200 members and 50000 post counts. I spent all my time working on the modifications for this site and the customised templates. I was even intending to oranise a christmas contest for my members and now it just dawned on me all my efforts were gone thanks to that rival site. If anyone can help me do something about this, i will be utmostly grateful and in future i will help any of you if it is within my means.

That is a very serious situation. If you want to pursue this further, PM me and we can talk.

Did you save your logs?

If so, let's talk.

Comment

Armageddon,

Sorry to hear of your troubles.

As it may be difficult to locate the perpetrator of the DDOS attack, I would strongly recommend contacting your hosting providers abuse department and also seeing how WeWatch can further help by looking at the logs. They may be able to assist you in locating the source of the attack and helping you prevent this from occurring again in the near future.

If you feel this may occur again, you may want to look for a hosting provider that offers DDOS protection. It’s becoming a popular feature offered by dedicated server providers at the network level. Where no user setup or configuration is needed and your hosting provider can mediate any attacks as they come in.

Also, how were you setup with regular backups of your website and databases? It’s often a feature overlooked until its too late but I hope that you have this in place with either your provider or a third party company so you can get back up and running ASAP.

Comment

Originally posted by WeWatch View Post
          That is a very serious situation. If you want to pursue this further, PM me and we can talk.

Did you save your logs?

If so, let's talk.
          Yeah I saved all the chat logs I had with him. Inside, he has clearly written how he wanted to rape and dos my sites. Here is a few lines he said:
          (7:37 PM) - - Jo: DDoS sound fun after work
          (7:37 PM) - - Jo: lol
          (7:37 PM) - - Jo: I will rape it when I get back.
          (7:37 PM) - - Jo: I can waste you bandwidth in a matter off minutes

Originally posted by DNray View Post
          Armageddon,

Sorry to hear of your troubles.

As it may be difficult to locate the perpetrator of the DDOS attack, I would strongly recommend contacting your hosting providers abuse department and also seeing how WeWatch can further help by looking at the logs. They may be able to assist you in locating the source of the attack and helping you prevent this from occurring again in the near future.

If you feel this may occur again, you may want to look for a hosting provider that offers DDOS protection. It’s becoming a popular feature offered by dedicated server providers at the network level. Where no user setup or configuration is needed and your hosting provider can mediate any attacks as they come in.

Also, how were you setup with regular backups of your website and databases? It’s often a feature overlooked until its too late but I hope that you have this in place with either your provider or a third party company so you can get back up and running ASAP.
          I have pmed WeWatch my msn email address and hopefully we can work something out. Ok my host is 07x hosting which is a free host we are using at the moment. We tried to contact them but is really hard because they either take a very long time to get back to us or hardly reply at all. -sigh- i guess that is the kind of service you expect from a free shitty host.

We were really unlucky as my co-admin of my site was about to backup our database and moved our site to our new server when it had to happen a few hours before our site got attacked. I mean i can't really blame him since he has helped me so much with my site but i was kind of pissed that he actually forgot to backup the database.

Yeah thanks a lot. I have already gotten a new host which offers good ddos and flood protection. However the problem now is we have no idea where did the perpetrator transfer our site database to which url. My co-admin has already reported to the police and I made a long distance call over to my country to inform the police and they have been notified of the situation and informed over the Crime Investigation Department over in NZ. The problem now lies in that guy which we have been suspecting all along claimed that he did not do it, he said that it was just a shitty host which crashed on us oh whatever but the most important now is to get the host to provide us the ip logs which im not sure if we can get it because from there i can submit to the police and they can track down somehow.

Yeah i swear if i can ever catch the culprit and get my site back on track, im going to do a backup every 24 hrs. I am not going to take any risks this time. As for now, im really at a loss what to do. -sigh-
          please help!

Comment

hi there m8 i would say to you this.... well if it is a distributed denial of service attack generally done with irc botnets your chances of catching the perpetrator would be very slim unfortunately i have been hit with these kinds of attacks before and aint much you can do to trace them as they use several zombie machines

Comment

You might want to consider DDOS protected Network if your host offers it it would allow you to avoid this king of trouble ... It usually is not very expensive and very efficient. PM me for more info.

Comment

Ya I m from Iran my site also hacked like that plz help me..

Comment

Originally posted by NETEL_HOST View Post
                  You might want to consider DDOS protected Network if your host offers it it would allow you to avoid this king of trouble ... It usually is not very expensive and very efficient. PM me for more info.
                  Indeed, a good DDOS protection is recommended.

Comment

Are you experiencing any further issues?

Comment

Working...
                    X

DNray, Inc. Network :: Website Hosting Reviews :: Free Website Hosting :: Adult Web Hosting :: Dedicated Server Hosting :: Cheap Website Hosting :: Discount Banner Design :: Web Hosting News :: Free Website Monitoring :: Website Host Uptime :: Webmaster Directory :: Cheap Web Hosting