If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Web Host Reviews
You can expect to receive between 1-3 dedicated IP's with a VPS plan. This option obviously changes based on the plan/company you go with and I recommend screening pre-sales prior to your purchase to see their options for obtaining additional IP's.
Generally, if additional IP's are needed and are to be used for legitimate purposes it shouldn't be a problem and you can expect to pay between $1-$5 per IP.
Here is a list of VPS providers that we have tested: WEB HOSTING : Compare Prices, Consumer Reviews, Uptime Statistics. Guides, Cheap Web Hosting To Virtual Private Servers
TEL:- +44 (0)1392 926259 -|- WEB:- http://www.gignet.co.uk/
Registered in England and Wales, Company No: 07345436
normaly between 1-3 ips,
but some hosts offer more if required?
normaly ips are about £0.50 - £1.00 each,
but prices will change depending on where you go,
where some hosts dont offer extra ips, you should try to find out if you able to buy extra before you commit yourself to a vps/company
█ X30Host █ Shared Hosting Starting At $1.50
█ cPanel, Instant Setup, And Quality Support
Usually 2 IPS come with a vps plan and then you can get extras for $2/Each or so depending on who you use for the VPS.
I think the depends on the web hosting company which offers that. In this purpose I can recommend you have a look at bodhost.com vps hosting. VPS is core services for them so I'm sure you will be able to find good deal for yourself.
How many IPs usually a VPS account offer?
I might get one later on in my stage of business, which I may need 8 Ips in a hosting account.
Generally Hosting companies provide 1-3 IP's with VPS hosting plans. For getting additional IP's there might be certain conditions set by different hosting providers. They might need a valid justification for using additional IP's. So you need to check the policies and conditions set by different hosting providers for providing additional IP's before selecting one.
Affordable Web Hosting, Reseller, VPS & Dedicated Hosting
It depends upon hosting companies and their plans. There are many companies offers 2 - 8 IPs according to their plans. also you can purchase additional IPs as per your requirements at $12.00 /IP / year.
It really depends on the company. Usually comes with 1 free IP, and can be upgraded to 29 IPs.
Shared Hosting and Reseller Hosting at www.GlitterHost.com
Dedicated Servers, VPS (Xen or OpenVZ), High end all inclusive Reseller hosting at www.OverVolt.com
Anything larger than an allocated blocks that are /29 or larger require ARIN justification. A /29 will have either 5 or 6 usable IPs depending on how the host/datacenter has their network setup.
This doesn't mean you can't have more than 6 IPs it just means that you have to show justification for them. Some examples of ARIN acceptable justification are:
1. Web Hosting with SSL: Generally, an SSL certificate will be issued for a specific domain. Because of the limitations of the Apache web server, certificate files are restricted to a per IP or persystem basis. Therefore, any client that would like to host an SSL encrypted domain on the server will need a unique IP address. The justification will be considered Acceptable when the customer provides a copy of the CSR and corresponding CA signed CRT for each domain. Please do not include the key file.
2. Custom Name Server Addresses: In compliance with standard RFCs, name servers must run on unique IP addresses. In order for resellers and other customers to utilize custom name servers on their own domain, 2 IP addresses are required.
3. Applications Requiring a Unique Port: Some services that clients choose to host require that each instance of the application utilize a specific port on the server. Therefore, to run multiple instances of the service, multiple IP addresses are required. Examples of these types of services include SMTP, POP, IMAP4 and NNTP.
4. Virtual Machine Hosting: Providers of virtual machine hosting services require unique IP addresses for each virtual machine that they provide to a customer. Additionally, as a virtual machine functions much like a dedicated server, end users as well as the customer may wish to utilize the service to provide other services that are acceptable justification for additional address space. Any of the services listed above are examples of the services that a virtual machine hosting customer may host on their virtual machine hosting server.
5. Network Equipment and IPs used for Addressing: Generally, this type of justification will only apply to co location customers. Addresses utilized for access and administration of networking devices, such as routers, switches, PDUs, and other equipment, will fall into this category.