X
    Conversation Detail Module
    Collapse
    • Filter
    • Time
    • Show
    Clear All

Automated Backups

Is there a way to automate daily backups for a reseller account? I've looked around and a lot of hosting companies list this as a benefit of their hosting. I'm just wondering how this is accomplished, through software i.e. Cpanel/WHM or is this done by the server manager the top level company running the server.

Thanks

Mark

Originally posted by energizedit View Post
      Is there a way to automate daily backups for a reseller account? I've looked around and a lot of hosting companies list this as a benefit of their hosting. I'm just wondering how this is accomplished, through software i.e. Cpanel/WHM or is this done by the server manager the top level company running the server.

Thanks

Mark
      You should be able to achieve this with a simple Cron job. Alternatively you could always write on your welcome email that you do not currently backup accounts.

Comment

If you are using cPanel there are some handy scripts at the following URL to automate backups for multiple accounts.

Cpanel/WHM/Voxtreme Hacks

Comment

Vanessa wrote a great article for automated backups via a CRON. Take a look at cPanel Automated Backup Script :: v-nessa.net :: Programming is Sexy

Comment

You can automate the backup with simple scripts as shared here. It would be better to use some commercial solutions like CDP.
            Last edited by praveenkv1988; 09-13-2010, 11:04 AM.

Comment

For windows VPS you have few options about backup, but there is AHSay software which is very good. You configure it with option to make schedule backup every day so dont worry about your data.

Comment

Cpanel has built in backups. You can send the backups to an ftp server. This is a great option to ftp your backups offsite or to a backup server.

Comment

The other way to take backups is purchasing a additional backup plan. There are various backup plans like R1 Soft or Rsync. Automated backups can be configured and the frequency of backups can be set as Hourly, Daily or Weekly. You just need to check if your Hosting provider offers these backup plans or not.

Comment

There is an automated backup facility in WHM.

Last edited by alexer; 10-30-2013, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Try WHMeasybackup script via cron, it's really great solution for resellers.

Cheers!

Comment

yes, you can generate automatically backup via cron....

Comment

Originally posted by euro-space View Post
                          Try WHMeasybackup script via cron, it's really great solution for resellers.

Cheers!

Wouldn't they need to load WHMeasybackup as a module in WHM? If they're using a reseller account, they most likely don;t have the privileges to install modules.

Comment

My apologies for the last post - it seems they're just scripts, not a module - great find euro-space!

Comment

I use iDrive for my backups and I wouldn't recommend anyone else. http://www.idrive.com/p=williamswebsolutions

Comment

Yes, you can apply for automated backup in WHM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

DNray, Inc. Network :: Website Hosting Reviews :: Free Website Hosting :: Adult Web Hosting :: Dedicated Server Hosting :: Cheap Website Hosting :: Discount Banner Design :: Web Hosting News :: Free Website Monitoring :: Website Host Uptime :: Webmaster Directory :: Cheap Web Hosting