Tell me please, ordinary virtual hosting.
1. VPS/VDS, the maximum loads can be much higher, depending on the capacity of the server. But will there be a difference in the speed of the database? If so, how noticeable is it?
2. Is there a difference for the operation of the site in what OS (list) is installed on the server? What will be better for fast work with a DB?
3. Will there be a noticeable difference between 256mb RAM, CPU 500Mhz and 1024mb RAM, CPU 1500Mhz, if the site has about 1000-1500 visits per day, and then the load is constantly on the database?
4. Advise the best hosting for price / quality of about $5-$15 monthly.
P.S. Is it worth paying extra for IPSManager?
P.P.S. I am not an expert in these matters, so some of the questions may seem silly for you. I hope you can help me choosing hosting. Thank you)
1. Will depend of the selected server config.
2. Depends of the settings.
3. If the resources are guaranteed, yes. Consider another disk, it will work slower on a SSD.
4. https://contabo.com/ (https://contabo.com/en/vps/)
1. Depends on the measured values
2. 1) Linux 2) Windows
Linux leads the way by a noticeable margin, and in terms of features and applications, the differences between them are minimal, so the choice is not obvious. To finally make sure that it is correct, you need to proceed from how you build your site hosted by a hosting service provider, what tools you plan to use.
Linux and Windows operating systems use different scripts and database languages. So, if you need PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby or MySQL, then choose Linux, if ASP or ASP.NET - Windows.
3. Of course there will be a difference, but not so strong that you immediately notice it. With daily visits of 500-1000 people, especially if there are 100 or more, then you definitely need a stronger option, otherwise the system simply won't cope. I also want to note that the disk plays an important role in responding to customer requests.
4. It all depends on the goals. Here is an example:
Hostgator - Best for simple websites.
GreenGeeks - Best eco-friendly hosting.
SiteGround - Best speed and security for WordPress.
A2 Hosting - Fast & reliable shared hosting.
InMotion – Best VPS hosting.
WPEngine - Best managed WordPress hosting.
Nexcess - Best for ecommerce hosting.
1. The provider usually offers two options: the ability to define the configuration yourself, or use ready-made solutions. If you do not know - rely on the provider.
2. I won't tell you about the speed of work, but for Linux the software is much more "advanced".
3. The disk in this matter is the weakest link, as well as the amount of RAM. CPU - of course.
4. My pick: a2hosting $4.99 to $9.99 bundles with a significant increase in capacity/performance.
The coolest web hosting I've met in recent times, of course well-web.net !
Prices are very low, unlimited traffic, subdomains and much more. Excellent support, which has repeatedly helped me in setting up web hosting, and then administering the VPS server, and absolutely for free, without any catch. Of the huge advantages over competitors, this is of course regular promotions. Using hosting well-web.net , I was very happy, I kept about 7-8 web sites on hosting, and all this withstood about 1900-3400 simultaneous connections, later, due to the need for more functionality,
I changed shared hosting to a VPS server, again at well-web . VPS servers are also very happy, huge capacity. Now I keep 4 sites on the server: an online cinema, an аdult project, an online store and a small social network (still in development).
Sites successfully withstand the 70 000 - 90 000 simultaneous connections, and all this considering that 4-5 video conversion processes are running at this time (I keep an online cinema, if you remember). In general, well-web the best hosting provider that I have ever met: prices are not oppressive, the support is friendly and responsive, everything works very quickly and without failures.
PS When paying for 6 months or more, the term is doubled. When paying for a year - a year as a gift.